1. If you don’t mind my asking, how old are you?
I was in my early 30s when this survey was released.
2. And where are you from?
The United States. California. Sierra foothills.
3. What are your reading these days?
I’ve recently started reading again after brain problems. I’m reading stuff that I bought while I was healing, but couldn’t focus on reading. So, clearly I’ve recently read Saga. I also read all of John Allison’s books, including Giant Days, The Great British Bump Off, Steeple, and By Night. Dan Jurgen’s The Mighty Thor from ‘97. I also read the first two Dungeon Crawler Carl books. All were good and I recommend.
4. Do you buy your funny books from your friendly neighborhood retailer, or from an online site like Comixology?
At the time this survey was released, I had moved back to the town I grew up in and there was no comic store. Shortly after, I went to a store in the valley that used to mail me stuff and set up with them. They closed two or so years later. I spent some time with Comixology, but developed brain problems and lost track of everything. As my brain has recovered, I’ve bought from eBay. I tried to go to another store in the valley, but they said that they would send me a list of comics each moths that they were going to order and I could select what I wanted. They would not order The Knights of the Dinner Table for me. Don’t know why.
5. Important: who would win in a fight, the Hulk or Rorschach?
I don’t know (or care) who would win, but the readers and comics industry as a whole would lose.
6. If a member of the Saga team were on the run from the authorities, would he or she be able to crash on your couch for a bit?
Probably, if they seemed safe to be around.
7. What is the worst recreational drug?
Meth seems pretty bad, but that only comes from observation.
8. Why won’t more people accept that Haywire is Stephen Soderbergh’s very best film?
Maybe they’re like me and don’t have an extensive knowledge of Stephen Soderbergh’s filmography.
9. What is your second greatest regret in life? Giving up on those piano lessons?
I didn’t take formal piano lessons and I have a hard time practicing music because I’ve been unable to learn to sightread music all my life. I guess my second greatest regret would be not going to see Cake in concert while I was in college. I only had like $37 at the time and it was a few week before my financial aid would be released.
10. Seriously, what is wrong with my eye?
It’s too beautiful and casts a spell of lust on all who see it?
11. What is the only truly excellent Mexican restaurant in New York City?
I’ve only been in New York City once for two nights. I was more interested in going to deli’s for corned beef and/or pastrami sammiches.
12. Ian Fleming once wrote that James Bond liked sex best when it had “the sweet tang of rape.” Does this change the way you feel about the character and/or life on this planet?
James Bond is a control freak, so it makes sense that seizing a woman and forcing her to do what he wants would appeal to him. I assume lots of people like to exercise control over their partners during sex. So, it doesn’t change my view of the character and life on the planet. I just hope it’s always consensual.
13. If you had to permanent give up chocolate of cheese (in each of their infinite varieties), which would you choose?
I’d give up chocolate. Chocolate tends to be only sweet. Cheese is used in way more savory and sweet applications. Cheese is more versatile.
14. When was the last time you watched a stage play, and what was it?
It was a few months ago. My niece was in a school production of 13, which is a musical. The school did a good job with what they had, but the play has … problems.
15. What do you think Image publisher Eric Stephenson’s darkest secret really is?
I don’t know if it’s dark, but maybe co-writing Wolverine with Rob Liefeld?
16. Which of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is most assuredly an atheist?
Venus de Milo
17. Have we dated?
I haven’t dated anyone.
18. Would you rather be trapped on the island from Lost with your mom or dad, and why?
I think my mom because we can easily amuse each other.
19. When was the last time you were naked in front of someone in a nonsexual context?
I assume I was naked in front a medical professional while I was going through lithium poisoning. There are weeks worth of time that I can’t remember from back then.
20. Are you Banksy, and if so, can we do anything to help?
If I were, I wouldn’t tell you. You can help by going out and doing some are yourself.
21. What had a greater impact on your upbringing, your favorite librarian or your favorite coach?
No good coaches were good for/with me. I had lots of good librarians.
22. What are you working on these days, anything creative?
I’m working on experiencing emotions again.
23. Wait, why did you abandon it?
I only abandon it when I’m too tired for anything.
24. Relax, I’m sure it’s great. Listen, why not put down this comic and work on your thing RIGHT NOW?
Emotions first. Creative pursuits come later.
25. Cool, but before you do, but if you were reincarnated as an inanimate object, what would it be?
A novelty flash drive people get free off a table from a convention or trade show that gets lost in luggage and never serves its purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment