Monday, February 28, 2011

What did you do at work today?

Oh, I thought about wedding vows:
When I was a kid, I knew it would happen; it was all that I expected.

In high school, I didn't know if I wanted it; hearts broke and mended and broke again.

As an adult, I figured it wasn't for me; my life was mine and there was no reason to share.

I walked through life not looking for love and not expecting it. My world was small and I liked that.

When we met, friendship was all I hoped for. Going to a movie or browsing through a bookstore with you brought me exquisite joy. With you, my world grew. I never expected that and never imagined more.

Then, one day, sitting across from you, talking, I looked into your eyes and I saw myself reflected back. Not me as I see myself in the mirror or me as I see myself from the inside, but me as you see me. I saw that person in there and I knew who I wanted to be. I wanted to be the person you saw.

The more I'm with you, the more I feel myself becoming who you see. The better I'm becoming.

No comments: