Monday, February 28, 2005

I don't know what to title this.

  1. February is ending and soon my time in the city will be.
  2. The semen trees are blooming and stinking.
  3. In a week, at most, the only comments here will be the blogger created ones.
  4. And the good news from 2500 miles away is: Heels and Logic are going to have a baby.

1. Last year, the month ended a day late, and I wasn't a dollar short. This year, the month is ending right on time, and I'm more than a dollar short.

I went and spoke with the manager of the apartments today, she took my last month's rent and gave me a paper to fill out because SlackBastard is leaving this building at the end of the month as well. The lady in the office was nice, which is always a plus when I have to do something that is some form of confrontation.

I'm trying to get WWGG to take my shift on Thursday so I can head up to Cow Town and drop off stuff at my parent's house.

2. There are these trees all over Cow City that just started to bloom. They have little white blossoms, which are quite nice to look at. The problem is, they stink. And it's not normal stink that can get blown away by a breeze. No. This stink is heavy and thick. A hurricane couldn't blow this stink away. I swear I can feel it collecting on my clothes. For once I'm fortunate that I carry with me the overpowering stench of coffee.

And then there's the name I gave them at the top of this. That is exactly what these blossoms smell like.

Just imagine that smell greeting you every time you step out the front door.

Oh, in case you're wondering, I'm not the prevert who recognized that smell, that would be the old Assistant Manger #2, the one who left 'Bucks in December. She told me the name last spring when I was bitching about the stench.

3. I was looking through the old things I've written and I wanted to see some of the comments you, the readers have left over the last year and few months. Unfortunately, your comments are no longer on the posts that came before November, but not for much longer, I think, and I've started to move your comments into the blogger ones.

I thought that I would be able to do it all in one day, but, for some reason, I'm only allowed to move twenty or so posts a day and I've already used up today's posts.

You may as well keep using the HaloScan ones until they're gone, forever.

4. It was the first personal letter I've gotten in my gmail account and it was wonderful. I think I had a smile on my face for an hour after.

My only fear is that after so many months of trying to make this child the process of making it wasn't as much fun anymore. Boy, I hope I'm wrong on that.

5. And there's this:



Your Brain is 60.00% Female, 40.00% Male

Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female
You are both sensitive and savvy
Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed
But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve




Which doesn't really do anything for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean about blogger comments?

ticknart said...

The place where it says "(0) Mutterings" right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I always wondered what the "mutterings" were.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was the semen trees (2) that helped to get Heels/Logic (4) pregnant after all this time? You DID say that the particular pollen from those trees travels on the wind quite well! We will see in 9 months. If the child has a green tint and a leafy look.......well, what other conclusion can we draw?

Anonymous said...

Well, it was a surprise....

I suppose we all must accept some time that we are creatures of the earth.

Still...Ick.