Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Movin'

So... I'm gonna be moving away from Cow City and back to Cow Town in about a month.

Yes, I'll be living with my parents, again, which makes me feel pathetic.

Most of you who have read this blog before must be assuming that I'm making this move because I hate this city and that wouldn't be an unreasonable guess, but it's not the reason. The reason is simply that I can't afford to live here anymore.

Since two weeks before Christmas, I have averaged less than 25 scheduled hours a week. For a couple of those weeks, I made some trades to get more hours or worked at another store. I hate doing that. The managers complain that we don't have enough people, but they bring in people from other stores to fill in hours rather than giving it to people who actually work there. Then, a few days later, The Manager wrote a note to Assistant Manager #1 saying we're using too many hours in the store and people should be sent home early, but at the bottom of that note one wrote that there was a girl coming in for an interview and to hire her because she's good. Mixed messages anyone?

I explained this to my roommate today. He said he understood. And I feel horrible.

Now I have to finish my homework for my class and feel like I'm abandoning my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not moving in with your parents permenantly, you are just using them as a stop-gap whole you look for something or someplace else.

Oh, I feel so used!

ticknart said...

For some reason, I feel like it's wrong for me to live with my parents forever.

Don't you?

Anonymous said...

It's not a permanent thing. It's a respite. A rest to make another attempt at it all. And it sucks that your management is so wholly incompetent that they'll lose a great employee.

Don't worry. We all have to take care of ourselves. I wish you the best of luck.
-josh

Anonymous said...

And you'll still be my friend. Even if ye're in cowtown.