Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mixed

Figured out today that after this Friday I will not be at work on a Friday until January 29. That's twelve weeks.

One the one hand, that's a lot of time where I come into work only four days a week and at least three weeks where I only have to come for three days.

On the other hand, most of that time off is because my pay was cut nearly 15%.

People around here keep saying how surprising it was to adjust to Fridays off and how hard it is to work on those days where we come in for five days. I say that's nuts. Of course it's easy to adjust to NOT doing something you dislike.

Christ.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

When the hell are they going to fix this stupid budget thing? If I ran my home this way I'd be living under a bridge...

Oh yeah, that's pretty much what CA is doing now anyway.

What is WRONG with these people?

ticknart said...

Theoretically, the furloughs end when next June finishes. Who knows what'll actually happen.

As for what's wrong with those people, they're Americans and most of us have forgotten how to live within our means. Thanks 1950s!