Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Fucking Presidential Election

Okay, well... I wondered how it would be to work with someone who actually cared about... I mean... It couldn't always have been the way it is now. It must have been different in my grandfather's time. You were there. You had Kennedy. I didn't. I've never heard a president say "destiny" and "sacrifice" without thinking, "bullshit." Okay, maybe it was bullshit with Kennedy, too, but... but people believed it. And I guess, that's what I want. I want to believe it.
That's from the movie version of Primary Colors.

Yeah, I watched that movie again. I like it. But that bit up above really stuck with me this time.

Do you remember the US presidential election of 2008? Do you remember all the people hoping for hope? I think the character of Henry, from the movie up above, would have like that election. He would have been out there with the "Hope We Can Believe In" signs like so many others were.

And even though I wasn't one of those people. Even though I called it all bullshit early on, I'm a little bit sad that no one's going to believe, really BELIEVE in a candidate this year.

No comments: