Friday, May 21, 2004

No China For You

Mixed news, everyone. I will not be going to China. At least not to work with my friends going there.

I got an e-mail from Mr. T that says his school is only hiring three teachers with this round of hiring, and will probably want Brits to balance out the exuberance of the Americans with the next round of hiring.

I'm sad.

There's a hole in my belly created by the fear that I'll always be stuck in the position that I'm in. It was filled with the idea that I could teach in China for a year, but that hole is empty again.

I'm still going to Sonora tonight, and for the weekend, so I can get a passport. Now I won't have to pay the extra $100 for expedited service. That's good.

Mr. T graciously offered to help me find another job in the Middle Kingdom, and I've accepted.

Now I'm off to drown my sorrows in the GameCube.

No comments: