Sunday, January 16, 2005

Who Knew?

I want to eat food from somewhere that isn't this apartment, but I don't want to go out.

I could get pizza delivered, but I don't want pizza. Usually, the whole of my being is willing to accept pizza into it's small sphere, not today though. Maybe it was the pasta I had out on Friday with some friends. It was just okay. The sauce was too sweet for me. I suppose I like my red sauce tasting more like tomato and less like candy.

I've been on auto-pilot for the last several weeks. The basic day has been: wake up, shower, go to work, come back, eat a bit, watch some tee-vee, read, and sleep. All the days blend into each other. I only remember a few specific days since school got out. It seems like four weeks were removed from my memory because they were so similar. Which, I suppose, is why I haven't written much about myself, or anything for that matter, in quite a while.

School starts Tuesday, for me and everyone else that has classes on Tuesdays. My work schedule gets a drastic shift this week as well. I made it so I can only work early on weekends. Most of me thinks this is a good thing because there are more good people who work in the evenings now than there were before December. The smidge of me that doesn't think it's a good idea is the part that will miss GIESW and FLIG. They're the best reason to work early.

There are only two shift supervisors now because ASGG has stepped down to being a normal, for him, barista. The two shifts left are only available to work evenings, one because she's a mother and the other because she's a student at Cow City State. So, for this month, at least, all the managers have been scheduled to work mornings and early afternoons and working evenings/nights, I can avoid the managers and my life at work will be better. Well, for two weeks, at least.

In February, a few things are happening. First, JFCG, the one who goes to university, is transferring to a store closer to her apartment and school. Second, the other shift supervisor, SFMR, is taking three and a half weeks to go to Europe to visit her husband's family. Supposedly, two people in the store, neither one me, are being promoted to supervisor, but, as usual with this store, there's a problem. One of the people, GGWB, is gone for two and a half weeks, which started this Thursday, because of some surgery. That means she won't be able to start training until the beginning of next month and, I think, it takes two weeks to finish everything. The other person, DFFB, has been dicked around with this promotion thing since before Christmas. He's been interviewed by the evil District Manager twice, both times DFFB was told that he was awful young to be a shift. DFFB told me that The Manager said that before he got promoted he has to train two people, which is a job shifts are supposed to do. DFFB told me that he didn't thing he was going to be a supervisor. DFFB told me that all the managers should go to hell. He is, however, still doing all he can to be promoted, even though his training hasn't started.

I looked up prices for plane tickets to Pittsburgh yesterday, or was it the day before, I can't remember. Round trip, on the three sites I saw, would be between $300 and $400, depending on where I left from. I want to go in June to visit Mr. Logic and Ms. Heels, not that I've actually communicated this with them, but I'd like to. If Heels isn't yet in the "family way," perhaps a trip to roller coasters could be arranged, I'd probably be willing to pay for gas and admission. Who knows what'll happen.

I'm getting to be very uncomfortable here. I live in a city and I'm not much for cities; they make me claustrophobic. I work at a place I hate, but can't seem to get hired elsewhere. Something has to change. Either a change of place, somewhere with less people, or a change of job. If there is no change, I'm afraid of what might happen.

Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about food. Maybe I'll just call a place and pick-up. Maybe I'll eat the ice cubes in the freezer. Maybe I'll just curl up in bed and sleep until I have to be at work in the morning and not eat until after work.

Who knows?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you eat or not? And, if so, what?

ticknart said...

I walked to the mall and got some so-so fast chinese food.

Anonymous said...

Panda Express?

ticknart said...

Exarctly.