Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Dreams

I keep having horrible dreams lately.

I've dreamed that I was running and fell over a cliff, saw the ground coming at me quickly, and wake just before I hit.

I've dreamed of being in my car, stopped at a stop light with a car stopped in the lane to my left. The passenger pulls out a pistol and fires at me. I wake up.

I've dreamed of crossing a street, getting hit by a car, flipping over its entire body, and landing hard on the road. Then the car came back at me in reverse. My leg gets crushed and as the other tire nears my head. I wake up.

I've dreamed of walking down the sidewalk and feeling a knife slide into my lower back, then one in my stomach, then one in the upper part of my back, then one through my neck, then one starts to crush through my chest, and I wake up.

I've dreamed of being tossed into a lake tied to large rocks and as the first breath of water burns my lungs, I wake up.

I've dreamed of a spark popping out of the wood stove door, setting the floor on fire. I grab the nearest fire extinguisher, spray it on the floor, and the whole place explodes. Some of my skin starts to burn and some of it starts to melt. As I'm screaming in agony, I wake up.

And I've dreamed that I'm in 'Bucks, serving coffee, smiling at customers, enjoying myself. A customer asks me how I'm doing, I say, "I'm great. I have the best job in the world. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The world should envy me." And I wake up.

So, if Cinderella is right and "dreams are a wish your heart makes," should I be concerned?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, i figure it out! YES!!!!

wings