Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today

Yesterday, I was asked, "Do you know what day tomorrow is?"

"Tuesday," I said.

I knew what was meant, but didn't want to give a direct answer. Nothing more came of the conversation.

So, yesterday's tomorrow is now today and here we are again. If you want to know what today is, look back a year and find out.

I'm really getting sick of working where I'm working. Maybe it's the hours. I've been working more late shifts. Shifts that start after noon. The people who work those shifts, mostly, are girls who graduated from high school one or two years ago. They know everything. They stand and talk. They don't like being told what to do by someone who is at the same level as them. They drive me crazy.

I could look for another job and quit the one I'm at, but the most likely jobs I'll find are customer service related and, I think, that's what I'm most sick of. I'm tired of serving people. I'm tired of lying. ("Yes, that's my favorite drink." "You'll never find a better coffee grinder." "That's the best coffee we serve." "I'd love to help you out." "You're my favorite customer." "Have a great day.") I'm pretty sure that any job I get that requires customer service will suck just as much as this one. I suppose I'll suffer through.

Last night I had so many things that I wanted to write here, but I can't remember them today. Oh, well.

No comments: