Friday, April 22, 2005

Waitin' to Watch

Is it wrong of me to miss watching TV this much?

There are five shows on TV that I really liked watching and have missed watching since I've moved back to cowtown.

My parents re-did their roof last summer. One of the things that happened because of this was the removal of the television antenna. While down, it was decided to get rid of the old one and get a new one. The new one is supposed to get better reception on the channels that were already picked up and, possibly, pick up other stations. Will it? I don't know. I just want to watch the shows that I like watching.

So, what are the shows that I'm missing? Well, I've written about a few of them before.

The one that spurred me to write this is Everwood. It's been off the air for a couple of months for some bullshit blonde haired popular kid/family show; crap, basically. This Monday, it started and Ephram probably found out that he got his old girlfriend pregnant and then went on to fail his audition. I would have liked to see that.

Veronica Mars is my favorite show of the season. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for girl detectives loaded with personality. The cast is spectacular and the seasons main mystery is coming to a close. I want to be there to see it. I probably won't though.

Several times I've written about my obsession with Gilmore Girls. I don't know what's happened with the girls for a long, long time. I know about the rich boyfriend, but I don't know what's happened there. I know that Jess is supposed to come back and, although it's not going to happen, I'd like to see him get kicked in the balls. And then there's the whole Luke and Lorelai thing. Damn.

I've missed most of the season of Scrubs because of Veronica Mars. On all the nights that I had class, I had to choose what to record, and Ms. Mars won out. I liked these characters and would like to know how the marriage thing has affected the friendship of JD and Turk.

The last show that I'm really missing is Star Trek: Enterprise. This show has never been better than it has been this season. Finally, the show has started to explore how the Federation came to be. The Vulcan's have been turned into a race that humans really should work with, rather than the jackasses they've been for the last three years. The Romulans have been made bad-ass villains. It's been explained why Klingon heads went flat. And the Andorans have been fleshed out and made wonderful. Of course, since it's been a great season, the show's being canceled and I'll miss the last ten or so episodes.

Yes. I may be obsessed with a few TV shows, but I'm just the way I am.

I hope you're all enjoying the TV that you like. Until I can again, I'll be exploring the movies here at this house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You aren't the only one.

The Moooooo