Friday, September 02, 2005

AAAAAAAARGH!

I got off the phone with The Manager at 'Bucks a little while ago. She was trying to convince me to work today (fat chance) and to stay.

"I know you were looking for something new," she said, "but if I could arrange it for you to be promoted in a month or two, would you stay?"

I paused for a while before saying, "I already took the job and found a place to live. Plus it's a huge increase in pay. I can't turn it down now."

"Well," she said, "if you ever want to come back, come and see me first. I'll rehire you as a shift supervisor."

"Thanks."

"I just wanted you to know what I thought of you and how much I want you to stay."

"Thanks," I said wanting to vomit.

"Okay," she said, "I'll see you Monday."

"Yeah," I said and hung up the phone.

I immediately took a shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when is your last day at 'bucks? when will you move? detail please!?

-wings