Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Frog"

Here I sit simply waiting for work to end.

I found out last Thursday that we’re getting another Office Technician in our office. Why? Because the state has allocated the funds to hire this person and if we don’t use it, we’ll lose it forever, even if our workload doubles!

So, the old new person is getting moved out to an area by the I&A officer. We were both offered that move last week, but the supervisor, the DEU rater, and the PJ (I think it was mostly the supervisor because I asked the rater a question and she hadn’t been told that the decision was made.) decided that it should be him.

Why is it him? Well, during my "interview" (for lack of a better word) on Thursday, I told my supervisor that if I was moved over there that I’d need it clearly stated what my tasks would be as related to the I&A officer. I told her that I’m sick of him treating me like I’m supposed to jump every time he says, "Frog." She said she’d have to discuss it with the PJ. Then I told her that I’d like my duties put down on paper and that the I&A officer be given a copy so that he knows exactly what my duties are and what I am able to do for him. I told her that I’d like a copy to so I could post it in case he tries to overstep his boundaries. Otherwise, I told her that I’d really like the job. I wouldn’t have to answer the phones. Most of my work would come from the DEU. It’d be like being groomed to become a rater, which I think would be great.

Oh, after my supervisor told me and the used-to-be-new guy that he’d be moved over there next Monday, that if he got tired of it, the two of us would trade jobs. I think she’s expecting me to forget that I want stuff in writing because we all know that the used-to-be-new guy really hates doing DEU work.

Who knows, though? Maybe he’s been fooling all of us for the past couple of months and he really does like the work.

No comments: