Thursday, April 27, 2006

Nothin'

So, I just finished reading Dune. Again. That’s not to say that I just read it twice in a row (although that’s a tempting idea), but it’s my fourth or fifth time reading the book. I haven't read any of the sequels. Someone once told me not to, said they were horrible, so I never picked them up. This time, I'm sort of intrigued to pick them up. Not for a while though, I have two other books to get into first.

Recently, I’ve been reading Jane Espenson's blog quite a bit. I don't know if I'll ever actually use any of the advice she's been dolling out, but it's fun to read. One of my favorite things she's written there is "He AD LIBS a fiery speech that motivates a turn in the other guy's emotional state." Wouldn't that make script writing so much shorter.

To the astute observer, I've altered my links over to the right of the screen. I got rid of a few that I don't check as regularly as I once did, or I don't read at all anymore. I updated the link for one person. I added someone else. My life is rarely interesting, but on any given day there's a good chance that something interesting is going on in one of their lives. I thought quite a bit about removing one, but I know that when there was semi-regular posting I liked reading it and I keep hoping that the semi-regular posting will return.

It's pretty warm here today. 80 degrees, or so I'm told. I'm not supposed to wear shorts to work. I could do it, but it'd be frowned upon. I miss wearing shorts to work, which meant I'd be in shorts all day long, all week long, for months on end. Now, I can wear shorts before I get ready to go to work, after I get back from work, and on weekends. *sigh*

Oh well, back to pretending to work.

No comments: