Friday, April 14, 2006

From My MySpace Blog

Three

Can I turn off the Bulletins thing here on MySpace? I keep getting crap ones. Things that don't make sense or that I had e-mailed to me four years ago or that I saw as a meme on a blog in the past couple of years. Unless it's actually about some event happening in the future, I've probably already seen it.

(Oh, and I'm not picking on any particular bulleteer. (I made that word up, use it as you please.) I just thought I should say that.)

Today I got one entitled "the hardest thing," which reads:

THE


HARDEST


THING


YOU


WILL


EVER


HAVE


TO


DO


IS


WATCH


THE


ONE


YOU


LOVE,


LOVE


SOMEONE


ELSE.




IF YOU BELIEVE THIS IS


TRUE

RE-POST THIS

I'm here to tell you people, that's not the hardest thing. I've done it. I got over it.

I think something harder would be for me to be tied down and have fire ants slowly eat my honey covered penis while I'm forced to watch (you know, like that thing Alex is put in in A Clockwork Orange).

If you want harder relationship wise thing how about confessing your love to a person, who you thought was your friend, and being shot down, publicly and loudly. Where things like, "Why would I ever consider you, your disgusting." or "I'd rather have my temperature taken up the ass than ever touch you." are said. I'd say that's harder.

There seems to be a lot of relationship "truths" passed around on MySpace, and I guarantee you that they aren't. Check this post at Just Let Me Read. She's female, so I think that makes her a credible source.

I guess it's not just relationship "truths" passed around, but lots of generalizations. People, if we were all those generalizations, we'd suck. We'd be like the Purple Pandas before Lady Elaine showed them how much better it is to be an individual.

PS A good individual doesn't repost something just because the message says to. A good individual should consider whether other good individuals will find the message funny, enlightening, or facinating before reposting. A good individual will think for his or herself and won't let a line at the bottom of the message do his or her thinking for him or her.

No comments: