Thursday, December 13, 2007

Griggle-Shrnup

Tired. (Dunno why. Slept well last night.)

Angry. (Because here at work someone's personal call, on a cell phone, at his desk, about the baby's laundry, is more important than trying to sort out rules that aren't too clear.)

Sore. (Scroll down to yesterday's post.)

Didn't read all my comics last night. (Watched Batman Beyond for longer than I intended.) Wonder why Booster Gold lets Barbara Gordon get shot. (Does he change history and find it to be not better?)

Did read the end of "The Sinestro Corp War." (The prophecy is interesting. Think that Kanjar Ro will lead the Orange Lanterns, when they come about.)

Other stuff read doesn't stick in my mind too well. (Although I do remember enough of one to know that Ice and Fire are soul mates, which doesn't mean they are, or even should be, lovers.)

Rude Cactus realized he is not a realist and asked what people do to get through. (No answer from me. Not sure what I do, or why I do, but I do.)

Still have to find Christmas gifts for parents. (Do coupons for hugs and kisses still work when you're nearing 30?)

Not sure if I'm going to buy any gifts for some friends this year. (Just don't really feel like shopping for and thinking about others, I guess. What does that make me? Anything at all?)

Be on my way to Cowtown for Christmas in about 188 hours. (Not planning on hurting my then.)

Done. (The End.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't read--DIDN'T READ COMICS?! I was so freakin' frightened / paranoid I'd miss 'em when I was in the middle of nowhere and you simply passed them off?! Ah, well, GLs always been more my forte.

And you've got your reasons. If, however, these reasons are valid, you must let me know: Batman and Superman cartoons and DVDs must be released into the USPS in said case!

geewits said...

I'm glad you are getting another fun holiday at home. Get your parents a gift certificate to a restaurant you think they would like. That's so funny you were quoting the Xander/Fear Demon lines. My husband was doing that the whole episode! We didn't watch any tonight and I felt like I was going through withdrawal. I hope you feel all better soon!

ticknart said...

AE -- I read most of the comics I bought, just not The Boys and Booster Gold! By now, I have!

And I do not understand the post office comment. Does this mean you want me to mail my Batman and Superman DVDs to you? That I will not do. You can find your own copies or come up and borrow them yourself.

Geewits -- That's a great suggestion for a gift, except, knowing my parents, the certificate would just sit around until it expires or the restaurant goes out of business. They'd be all apologetic for not going and say they had planned to, but just never got there. They're weird (or wired) that way.

Anonymous said...

Non no, if you feel unwell I insist you watch all the Fleischer Supermans and Batman serials from '43 & '49.

ticknart said...

Oh! Lending me your stuff. I get it now!

'Preciate the offer, but not necessary. I gots stuff to watch and still goin' to work so less time to lay in front of the tv. Thanks, though.

Anonymous said...

Your mother would use the certificate all by herself if she thought she could get away with it. It is more the father figure that doesn't get around to going out.

geewits said...

That's funky because my parents have eaten out almost every single night for over 5 years - and it's my step-dad that insists on it. My Mom would actually prefer to cook some nights.

choochoo said...

You didn't read all your comics??? Are you dieing?????? You are, aren't you. OH MY GOD, TICKNART is DIEING!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Choochoo, if you've ever had a pinched sciatica, you would know that you kind feel like you are dieing.

OUCH!!!!!!!

ticknart said...

The Moooooo -- Perhaps my mother should insist and make a reservation and if the father figure doesn't go or mumbles something about being tired, she should get in the car and head off without him. See where that gets her.

Geewits -- Sometimes I think my parents are locked into thinking that they still have three sons living with them and that they still make as much money as they did fifteen years ago. Neither of which is true.

Choochoo -- It sure felt that way last weekend and last Monday and Tuesday and for a while on Wednesday and a bit on Thursday. I haven't felt that bad since then, though. Hooray!