Monday, December 03, 2007

News to Report!

Well, no, not really.

When I went to Wal*Mart on Sunday, I didn't buy the thing I went there for. I don't remember my reasoning, either. I bought the other things I needed. (And I actually stayed away from the DVDs, so I only bought stuff that I actually needed to keep the apartment in its semi-clean status and to keep my car running, instead of something that I'd just really like to have, but don't necessarily even want.)

I wish I could remember why.

It wasn't expensive, either. Just $30-$40 and I was expecting to spend more than $50.

*sigh*

I mailed off my dad's birthday present today. It's very, very and a half late. His birthday was in September. I forgot it at Thanksgiving, but it's on its way now, that's good.

My brother birthday present was sent today, too. His birthday is in a week, but I probably would have forgotten to send it on time, like our mom will, and the I'd have to make sure to remember to get it and his Christmas present and his girlfriend/fiancée's Christmas present to our parents so they can get everything to them during the week after. Now I have one less thing to remember.

Do you want to know the worst thing about the "holiday season"?
Twice, in just over four weeks, I have to come back here.

7 comments:

heels said...

You shit! I got all excited for nothing!

ticknart said...

Part of me was afraid of that. The rest was all like, GO FOR IT!

Jazz said...

Twice in over four weeks you have to go back where?

ticknart said...

Jazz -- Here.

The place I am now. And I mean that physically.
Not emotionally.
Not spiritually.
Physically.

Anonymous said...

So what were you going to Wallymart to get that you didn't?

ticknart said...

Mooooo -- A card table and chairs.

Anonymous said...

Aw heck! I was at the Used Food store yesterday and they had one and I thought about getting it for you! I think I'll have to go shopping tomorrow!