Friday, June 26, 2009

Zombie Haiku!

Topless Robot is holding a contest to write the best zombie haiku!

These are mine, so far:
Wandering, aimless,
Trying to stop the hunger
Drops of water tear

They promised Heaven
Or they promised me the void
Nothing about this

We huddle for warmth
And pray the snow stops monsters
Creeping in the night

Day and night they come
An endless river of dead
We can't take them all

Brains get tiresome
Liver is the money meat
'Specially off drunks

Never thought I'd hate
Eating meat, but the Reynolds
Are very gamy

Well, those are the "serious" ones, at least. (Also, that last one is supposed to be from the point of view of a survivor.)

I did get the very first comment and used it to make a joke:
brains brains brains brains brains
brains brains brains brains brains brains brains
brains brains brains brains brains

3 comments:

heels said...

I really like them! I am partial to zombie-themed work, though.

ticknart said...

You should do some, too. Even if they're not for the contest.

ticknart said...

I got two honorable mentions!

No wins, but out of 850 entries, I'd say that's pretty damn good.