Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Just thought of this...

I won't be at work any Friday's this month:
  1. The revised furlough program starts next week, so the Governator is forcing me to take the 10th, 17th, and 24th off.
  2. I'm taking the 3rd off to head up to Cowtown for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.
  3. And I won't be here on the 31st because I'll either be driving up to Oregon, for my brother's (and the fiancee's) wedding, or I'll already be up there because I decided to not stay at work any longer.
Weird month already.

Also, I doubt this closing the government three Fridays a month will last long. Lots of state buildings will have to remain open anyway because there are some exceptions to the furlough rule and it'll just piss people off. It's practically insane to close the DMV for weekends, closing it for three Fridays'll just get regular folks yelling at the Governator.

That's why we switched from closing two Fridays a month to self-directed furlough days.

No comments: