Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Another Spring

This is a special moment right now
We'd like to take this time to tell all the kids at home
Send your parents out of the room, this is a kids song
Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up
Life's gonna suck when you grow up
It sucks pretty bad right now
Hey! If you know the words, sing-a-long!
Your gonna have to mow the lawn
Do the dishes
Make your bed
Your gonna have to go to school until your 17
And it's gonna seem about 3 times as long as that
You might have to go to war
Shoot a gun
Kill a nun
You might have to go to war when you get out of school
Hey Cheer up kids! It gets a lot worse
Your gonna have to deal with stress, deal with stress, deal with stress
Your gonna be a giant mess when you get back from the war
Santa Claus does not exist
And there's no Easter Bunny
You'll find out when you grow up that Big Bird isn't funny, funny, funny
Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up
Life's gonna suck when you grow up
It sucks pretty bad right now
Your gonna end up smoking crack
On your back
Face the fact
Your gonna end up hooked on smack and then your gonna die!
And then your gonna Die!!

------Denis Leary
_____________________________________________

The weather is warming. The birds are singing. The flowers are blooming. The sun is shining.

I hate spring.

Last night was supposed to by my "going away" thing from this 'Bucks. (I didn't want to do it in the first place, but I promised GIESW that if she did everything, I'd show up, eat, and possibly be entertaining.) GIESW had arranged it with the people that she most likes in the store. (Which are the people that I most like in the store, too. Except for AOSB. No one knows how much I loathe AOSB.) She arranged it two weeks ago with these people and me. We were supposed to eat at an Italian restaurant that's somewhere down the street from the store. When I got to work yesterday, at two, there was a note for me taped to the shelves above the computer in the back room. I decided not to read it because I didn't want to be any more distracted than I normally am while making drinks for people.

When it was time for me to leave, I realized that I had no clue which restaurant we were going to eat at, so I figured I'd call one of the people and find out the name. That's when I spotted the note. I opened it and read it. It was from GIESW and said that the thing had been canceled because no one had any money and that I should call her to set up a new day, time, and place.

I went to see a movie.

I didn't call GIESW.

She came into the store today and asked me if I had gotten the note. I said I had. She gave me a look. I took an order from some guy. She followed AOSB into the back room to see if tips were finished. I said 'bye when she left. She said 'bye when she left with a very soft look in her eyes.

I plan on leaving the store with the same amount of fan fare as I entered it.

1 comment:

ticknart said...

TEST TEST!

I'm on a different computer!

Does this work?!