Friday, March 25, 2005

Upping the Date

I went to a birthday dinner for my grandpa on Thursday. While there, my great-uncle (mom’s uncle, grandma’s brother) told me to update. So, here I am, making an update.

I sit at my parent's computer writing this in MS Word. I'm not a fan of Word, nor do I usually write blog posts outside of Blogger. Why am I doing this? Well, they get their internet through the phone line and, despite the fact that they have a 56K modem, it only runs at 28.8K because of old, shitty phone lines. I also don’t want to take up the phone line in the middle of the day spending well over an hour writing this and being distracted by comics and online articles in between sentences.

So, what have I been up to? I started back at my original store. There are five people at the store who have worked there since the day it opened. Four of them trained with me thirty miles away at the, then, nearest store. I still don’t know how I feel about all this. I don’t want to work at ‘Bucks anymore, if I can help it.

The day my stuff was moved up here there was a letter offering me an interview at the Cowtown Post Office. I got one from another local post office in December and declined to be interviewed because I wanted to take a class up in Cowcity. I told them to contact me in July and later when I’d be done with the class. The first packet was due two weeks after I got it, so I assumed the new one was too. It wasn’t. I only had a week. When I got back from work on Friday, there was the Post Office packed on the floor with a note from my dad saying that I needed to call for an interview or throw away the packet. I called for an interview. The guy on the phone told me that they had all the interview slots filled and maybe I’d get the chance to be interviewed again later, since the test scores are good for two years. I threw the packet in the trash. The fates conspired against me.

My parents and I have painted a couple of rooms in the house. The one where I used to sleep, the last time I lived here, and the one I’m sleeping in now. The old one went from a very light lavender to a bright yellow. The one that I’m now in went for a creamy white to a very white. Now I’m working on the very long process of pulling everything out of boxes and putting them on shelves and sorting them and throwing things in the garbage and putting other things in boxes to be kept and then putting still others into a pile to go to a yard sale or the flea market or the good will or a used bookstore. It’s been a very long process and I’m still not finished. My computer isn’t put back together, which is why there hasn’t been any comics.

And there you have it. My post. I have nothing else that I want to put down.

Hope you’re all well.

PS Heels, I just read your Muttering today. Thanks for proving to the doubter that people who aren't me can post comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, what a round about way to leave a comment! Thanks for the update!

The Moooooooo