Friday, December 16, 2005

Good Eatin'

I go out to lunch about once a month.

It gets me away from the office and I get to eat something that’s not between two slices of bread.

Today, I went to the Mongolian BBQ place in the mall. They have an okay selection of stuff. I freaked the lady behind me out when I kept piling the cilantro on. I like that herb quite a bit.

After lunch I walked across the food court for a Blizzard(TM) because even when the temperature outside is below 50F, you can’t keep a fat man away from his ice cream. I added Reese’s to it. It was good and made my hands very cold on the walk back to work.

Right now, I should be doing my work. Going and pulling files. Looking up information on the computer. Dancing for my pennies. I don’t want to though. My supervisor has handed me a pile of work from the desk of a woman who isn’t here today. The work is over a week old. Is it my fault that she didn’t finish her work? Am I the one that causes her to be away from her desk for four hours a day speaking with the secretaries and court reporters? This woman has been gone for two days and hasn’t gotten an equal share of the work since last Friday.

*sigh*

Thank goodness I don’t have to be back here for 62 hours, in about 25 minutes that is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend...I'm heading out of the office too!

And work on your comic (me too, I know)

=)

-wings

Anonymous said...

You say "After lunch I walked across the food court for a Blizzard(TM) because even when the temperature outside is below 50F, you can’t keep a fat man away from his ice cream." But I think it is more that childlike quality you have than anything else. You should see the kids at school on ice cream day. It could be 40 below zero, three feet of snow on the ground, pouring bathtubs of rain, and they'll stand icy wet puddles 6 inches deep (that's up to the knees for first graders), be shivering, holding an ice cream bar or popcicle in each hand and asking if they can have another one.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last comment was mine, The Moooooo