Monday, March 13, 2006

My Dream Last Night

It starts with me and my youngest brother (henceforth known as #3) on a bus in our home town, which doesn't really have any buses. It's built like your standard natural gas running buses, but has a second story to it. The bus pulls over and my other brother (#2) and his sort-of-fiancée (#1) sneak on through the back door. The four of us head up stairs.

When we sit down, #2 tells us that where we're going is to the hospital that's in the same shopping center as Wal*Mart, Pac 'N Save, and the 'Bucks I used to work at. #1's dad is sick. We're there for moral support.

We get off the bus by parachuting out a window down to the ground while the bus is still moving. We have to cross the parking lot to get to the hospital. It's a ten mile walk, but we can see the Vegas style neon lights flashing in the distance. We take our first step and are at the front door. The door won't slide open for us so we all take off our shoes and walk through the wall into the waiting room.

Before #1 goes up to see her father, we all go for a cup of coffee at the coffee shop. #3 also buys himself a stuffed animal, it's a seal or walrus, he wouldn't show it to me.

#1 goes up to see her father via the human sized pneumatic tube, kind of like the Jetsons use, but first she kicks #2 in the nuts to make sure he stays.

The three of us sit in chairs.

My parent's show up.

Both sets of grandparents show up.

My aunts and uncles and their kids show up. There are hundreds of kids with them. All the kids go play in the hospital's arcade.

#1 suddenly appears and is given a 64 ounce soda by one of my aunts.

Everyone is laughing, having fun. Someone has brought a plate with cream cheese smothered in a pepper raspberry jam and a box of snack crackers.

Then all my aunts and uncles and grandparents start crowding around #1 wishing her well, trying to consol her. My parents and my brothers stand against the wall, trying not to look. I stay sitting, but now I'm sitting on one of those round couch things, it's vinyl and feels sticky.

Heels and Johnny Logic show up with their baby. They wave at me and yell that they're at the hospital for the gourmet sandwiches. I wave back.

#1 bitchslaps all my aunts and uncles and grandparents. The force of the slap knocks me down.


And that's when I woke up wondering where the hell that dream came from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, the 13th would be the 'anniversary,' per se, of the very event in your dream. You have, indeed, successfully weided me out!

ticknart said...

Sorry 'bout that. I didn't mean to.

Anonymous said...

No need--you made my day far more interesting.