Thursday, March 30, 2006

End of the Month

For me at least.

Tomorrow is Cesar Chavez Day in this state. (It's a lot like Columbus Day because people who work for the state get the day off, but schools don't.) I suppose I should thank the Mexican-American lobby who pushed this holiday through so that I don't have to work the last day of March.

Thank you for forcing through a piece of legislature to celebrate the life of a man who accomplished some things in his life but after his death his accomplishments slowly started to disappear and continue to disappear. (Huh, much like a national holiday that schools get to take off in January. Weird, don'cha think?) It's still nice to know that we remember this man by letting me have the day off work, rather than continuing his work and providing a more concrete legacy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's about time the schools begin selebrating Columbus Day and Cesar Chavez day, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure about Columbus day in there with Cesar Chavez & MLK Jr.

heels said...

Aaak! I just realized- is a "Happy Birthday" in order? Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

And a happy birthday from Dad and I, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! weeeeee~~~

-wings

heels said...

Hey- Are you alright? Where you been?
We miss your writing. Heck, we miss you!