Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Feel Like A Dick, Again

Kalinara of Pretty Fizzy Paradise fame decided the other day to start a flame war on her blog.

I read through the first set and thought it was pretty funny. So, I left one of my own, attacking one of the commenters (or should it be commentators here?). I felt like such a jerk after that.

This morning there were more, and two aimed directly at me! I thought it was even more funny having people insult me in the flame war. I left another comment trying to burn the two who went after me and then a general insult to the whole board. And I felt like an even bigger schmuck.

The main reason I think I feel like such an asshole is because, for a moment, it felt so damned good to say horrible things to decent people.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves just as much, so I don't think you should feel like too much of a schmuck.

Also, note that YOUR comments didn't get deleted.

geewits said...

Wow! You don't know how many times I've wanted to say:

I hope that none of you procreate, we don't need the spawn of people like you running around.

ticknart said...

Mooooooooo -- It's not so much that my comments weren't deleted, it's more that I didn't delete my comments. And, boy, did I want to.

Geewits -- Now, if only I'd be willing to say it to people in real life.

Jazz said...

Like Geewits, I love that comment. Besides, it's not like this was serious.

I've got to find a way to use that somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Your comments were really not all that mean. I think if you were seriously attacking someone, we'd ALL know it.

Beside, every once it a while it feels really good to be a real asshole even if it's just for a moment.

ticknart said...

Jazz -- No, not serious, but I'm just not often the sort of person who goes around insulting people. It feels strange.

Mooooo -- You're right, being an asshole does sometimes feel good, but it feels best when the person deserves it.

Anonymous said...

True, but usually that asshole is someone you work with and so can't say anything. Too bad we can't say what we're REALLY thinking to those people at work.

ticknart said...

If I could, I think I'd feel so much better after.

kalinara said...

You've totally latched on to the reason I made the post to begin with.

Sometimes it's just nice to let loose and be utterly horrendous to perfectly nice people. :-) In the end, as long as there are no hurt feelings, it's all good. :-)

ticknart said...

Thanks, Kalinara. I had fun in the short time it lasted and I like to think that everyone else did, too.