Friday, March 14, 2008

Klurvopne

This year, because of the leap year, I don't have to use vacation time to not be at work on my birthday. Thank you, Leap Year.

This year, WingB and I are going to The Cartoon Art Museum. She doesn't know it yet, but later we'll be hopping onto MUNI and riding down to The Sunset for Thai food. It's totally worth it. All the stuff I've had around Market is too greasy, and I'd rather not do greasy if I don't have to.

If anyone else is around on that day, feel free to join us!
In other new, this is the third week without me writing a story. *sigh* Yeah I know what's supposed to happen next with the conversation. Part of me is lazy, a small part of me has been busy, and a large part of me just isn't read to put it down yet. Soon, hopefully. I know how many I've done and how many I wanted to have done by now. I want to catch-up, but I'm just not into right now. Soon.
Did you know that on years, like this one, when the 17th of March falls on or after Palm Sunday, St. Patrick's day falls on the Saturday before Palm Sunday?

It's true. It's supposed to help us stay true and stuff for the holy week before Easter. You know, no drunken parades and pissing in the street the week before we celebrate Jesus's rebirthday. Not that that'll stop the people of Boston, it's still an interesting thought.

Me? I'll be doing the corned beef and cabbage thing on Sunday, after I go shopping. This way the veggies won't get too soggy before I get at 'em.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh? what? *confused*
but I'm up for it! haha..but really? All the way to the Sunset for non-greasy Thai food? What's wrong with greasy Thai food?

-Wings

ticknart said...

I thought it was a pretty sure thing at WonderCon. If you don't want to go, that's okay, I'm still going.

The thing that wrong with greasy Thai food is the same thing that's wrong with greasy Chinese food, too much of the flavor gets lost in the grease. And trust me, the place in the Sunset is totally worth it.

heels said...

What do you mean "all the way to Sunset?" It's not that far!! I have to go all the way to San Francisco for my Thai food, damnit! ;)

heels said...

And greasy Thai food is an atrocity.

ticknart said...

Heels -- There's some decent Thai in the Sacramento area. At least there was when I lived there and it's a little closer than SF.

heels said...

There is, I know. But still- 2.5 hour drive for Thai? A a jaunt out to the Sunset beats that any day.

Of course, I usually just make my own and am able to determine the level of greasiness pretty adequately.

ticknart said...

I know that. I just wanted to point out there was something closer to you than SF. And home is even closer!