Thursday, February 23, 2006

This

I think I've become they kind of person who thinks any place/time/thing but here/now/this.

I visited my parents this weekend. I also visited my grandparents who live in The Valley. Because I visited my grandparents, I also visited with my aunt and uncle who live one town over from my grandparents. There was much talking. (One thing my family on my father's side and my mother's side does well is bullshit. I think we can sit and talk for hour.) Euchre was played. I was teamed with my mom. In the first game my grandma was teamed with my uncle, they beat us in two out of three. In the second game my grandma was teamed with my aunt, we beat them in two out of three, but they skunked us in the second.

I had a good time at my grandparents' house and later my parents' house, but I kept thinking that I'd rather be here than there, but I'd rather be in a different there than here and then was good, but is it better than now, or is there a better now coming later, and is this what I really want to be doing, wouldn't I rather be doing that, but if I did that wouldn't I rather be doing something else?

The only time my brain was distracted enough to start thinking that way was while we were playing cards. I was trying to think about the cards in my hand, what was trump, whether the bowers had fallen, how many tricks were taken and by whom, the conversation, and making the people around the table laugh. It was wonderful to be completely distracted from the outside and the inside for a while.

Heels or Johnny Logic, probably Mr. Logic since it's his e-mail address, wrote to me today and they made it safely across the continent. The baby and the dog were more good than bad for the entire trip. Now they are in Cowtown. I'm glad to know that they missed the nutty snow across the east and Midwest as they drove. I was worried about what it'd be like as they tried to cross the Rockies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think most of us feel that way. Maybe not all they time, but regularly. What about when we were playing Bonkers? Were you feeling that way then? No way! It was BONKERS!

Anonymous said...

She's right. It is bonkers.

Anonymous said...

I told Sean we played and he wants me to give it to him. he claims he would get much more use out of it than I would. he's probably right, but it's MY Bonkers!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was mine?

Anonymous said...

No, YOU took yours home with you one time when you were here. I had to go search for another one to buy for myself.