Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What's George Curious About?

I'm not wearing my shoes because it's hot in here. Really hot. I work on the top floor of a building run by the state, so the air doesn't work all that well. We have very minimal control over the temperature and it seems more like no control on freaky days in February when the temperature is over seventy degrees outside. And it also doesn't help that I work on the west side of the building and there are huge windows all the way to my right. At least I don't sit by the windows. It's probably five to ten degrees hotter over there.

My supervisor and that busybody secretary don't like it when I walk around without my shoes. They think it's unprofessional. Sure, it's okay for the ladies here to come in wearing jeans and a t-shirt (it's not okay if I do), but I'm not supposed to walk from my desk to a shelf to grab a file without putting my shoes back on because there's a possibility that a lawyer might see my clean, white socks with the gray, (supposedly) reinforced toes and heels. The coworkers who work with me think it's funny. I think it's comfortable.

On fronts that have nothing to do with work... nothing is developing.

And that's my report for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if your socks matched you pants color no one would notice? Shall we go sock shopping and buy you coordinating socks?

ticknart said...

I like my socks, they don't wear out if I just cruise around in them and they're not so heavy that my feet melt in the summertime. Any socks that I've had of other colors have either been too heavy or so thin that they wear out if I wear them without shoes. I think I'll stick with my socks.