Monday, July 10, 2006

Thinking Positive of Power

I'm having a hard time thinking positively today. A very hard time. The only thing that I can think of that's changed since yesterday is that I've come to work. Work didn't affect me like that last week. Why now? Is it work at all?

Also, I have no reason to be thinking the way I'm thinking. I'm relatively healthy. I have a place to live and food to eat. My life is fairly comfortable. Why doesn't it seem to fit?

For some reason, the Barenaked Ladies song "In the Car" is running through my head. It's been a while since I heard the song. I wonder why it's rattling around my head now. I wonder what that means about me?

The first Barenaked Ladies album I bought was Stunt, like so many other people out there. I heard the peppy and silly "One Week" on the radio and figured what the hell, I enjoy peppy and silly. I remember the first time I listened to it because I was shocked. There's a lot of sadness and longing in some of the songs, not in a depressing way, but more in a speculative way. I don't think many people understand this about the Barenaked Ladies.

2 comments:

ticknart said...

To me, that last line is an unfortunate truth when taken literally, or metaphorically.

Queenie said...

Go Canada!

Q