Thursday, July 13, 2006

Today

I don't think that I've gotten one but of useful work finished today. Busy work seems to be all that The Supervisor wants me to do. Around here, busy work is having me write over the numbers on all the files to make them more readable and having me put the pre-online cases online (even though the files were destroyed years ago and it's impossible to add all the history to the file) and putting things in files for GICS (who isn't a secretary). Then she puts a big pile of work in my basket and tells me to continue with the busy work until it's finished, except that she wants the regular work completed as soon as possible because everything is date stamped.

Right now, I have piles of sorted work by my desk by my computer waiting to go where it needs to go tomorrow. I have pile of folders waiting to be filled on the desk that's usually empty. Also on that desk are piles of yellow file cards to be entered online. And I had to find a new pen because my old one ran out of ink because I had to copy over hundreds of numbers on a couple of hundred files.

Today was going to be the day I turned in my application to try for the Senior Legal Typist position, even though no one has been able to tell me if I'd end up in group A or B, but I didn't turn it in. I spoke with NPWH about how I wanted to move out of this area as soon as possible and I didn't think that the new position would be able to keep me here. She said that if I thought way, I shouldn't bother since, according to the scuttlebutt around here, I'm the first choice, even though I don't have any training.

No comments: