Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Spattering of Thoughts

So, I passed the test and I can't really think of anything to say, but because I don't want to work and I want to look busy and I like practicing my touch typing (crazy, I know) I'm trying to write something any way.

Just read that Peter Boyle died this afternoon (evening in New York, I guess). He was the monster in Young Frankenstein. He was the only reason to watch Everybody Loves Raymond. He seemed like a funny man.

Is it odd that when people die (so far, even the people I know) I don't feel bad about it? I just sort of think, "Well, there it is, then." and move on. Maybe I'll react different when a grandparent dies, but I don't know. Last Thanksgiving, when my grandpa was sick and in the hospital, my parents and the one brother who came to Cowtown all sort of prepared for the possibility of him dying. I didn't feel bad about that. He's in his 80s. He's had a long life. I didn't see anything wrong with a man that age dying, even if he is my grandpa.

What else, what else?

I like listening to The Monkees. Have I ever written that here? I can't remember. I like their music and I like their logo.

Okay, it's nearly time to go and I'm ready.

5 comments:

Jazz said...

I remember them.And their TV show. And all the girls were so in love with the tiny British one...

Jazz said...

Them being the Monkees of course. Not dead people. Though I remember dead people too. OK, I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead... but it's too late for that isn't it?

ticknart said...

I knew who you were writing about, Jazz, don't worry. So, which one were you in love with? Or do you not remember?

Jazz said...

Actually I was pretty young then. My sister was the fan and I sorta absorbed. I wasn't yet at crushing on musicians age - still playing with assorted bugs and slimy stuff. Yeah, I was something of a tomboy

ticknart said...

Oh, well... I suppose that's okay.