Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Got It

Did I ever write that I got that program I wanted? It came in the mail two, or so, weeks ago. I haven't been able to run it, though, because I need to connect to the interwebs to get a key to make it run. (I may also need a different version of Windows (XP Professional) to run the thing and a better video card, sigh.) So, I signed up for a free 30 day thing to call up over the phone so I can get the damn code so I can run the program so I can hopefully have something at my apartment that I want to do besides watch my DVDs and snack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are the specifications required for the video card? if you need a new one, i recommend shopping at newegg.com, they have a very good filtering system for finding the hardware that you need.. i might still have an agp 128M laying around too, but it may have had some problems with getting too hot, or it just needs to be cleaned.. anyways let me know

ticknart said...

I need a OpenGL accelerated graphics card with 64 MB, or more, RAM.

I just wanted to get the dongle working before I moved on to purchasing things.

Thanks for the offer/website.

ticknart said...

I guess since I bought my machine through Dell (in 2002), which is pretty much in MicroSoft's pocket, the video card is Direct3D. I gots to change it.