Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You Can Tell It's Almost Spring

The semen trees are in bloom and stinking up my walk to and from work. At least their not right outside my window so I don't have to smell them while I sleep.

In other spring time news, we're having a meeting this afternoon. My lunch is being bumped up a half hour so I'll be back in time and the meeting was bumped from tomorrow to today so I wouldn't miss it. I don't know exactly what it'll be about, but "an agenda will be provided" and we are to "bring a notepad, pen/pencil and [our] input." Supposedly, this meeting is only going to last two hours, although the e-mail we all got last week said it was going to be from 1:30 to 4:30. If this meeting goes the way the other meetings we've had here, it'll take until at least 4:30, maybe even longer, but if it hits five, I'm out of there.

I'm going to do my best to keep my input out of this meeting, too. I just don't want to deal with the crap that goes on here. All the other meetings we've had at this place since I started, three if I remember correctly, were about telling us, the clerks, what everyone else in the office thinks we are doing wrong and how we are supposed to correct it. (Most of the times, the things we are supposedly doing wrong are things that the other people in the office don't want to have to do themselves, so we get stuck with doing it for them so they don't have to do the things anymore.) I'm tired of being stuck at the bottom of the pile here. I'd like to move my way into the lower middle so I don't have to put up with the same sort of bullshit all the time.

I'm ready for some new bullshit.

On that front, I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. It's at the prison in Cowtown. Here's hoping they're in desperate need of an SSA and I'm the only person they interview for the position so I get hired.

4 comments:

ticknart said...

Oh, for those who care, having an interview tomorrow in a place that about three and a half hours away means there will be no post tomorrow.

Jazz said...

Um.. semen trees?

Anonymous said...

good luck on your interview today!!

ticknart said...

Jazz, The blossoms smell like dried semen. It's yucky.

Matt, Thanks.