Friday, March 30, 2007

Thinking Blogger?



The rules of the meme are as follows:
1. Post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to original source blog. (Which would be The Thinking Blog, probably, but the person who put me down, and I thank ye, didn't link it, so why should I?)
3. If you don’t choose to do either then please display your thinking blogger logo as shown on this posting.

My own personal rules:
I won't be linking to the two who were already called a "Thinking Blogger": Choochoo and Jazz.
Each of the five blogs will have two links to posts to help illustrate why I like them so much.

In no particular order:

JustLetMeRead's Blog
To be alerted to her blog posts is one of the main reasons I check in with MySpace everyday. She does things I have never done and many I probably won't do. She writes about her tutoring jobs with annoyance and wit and understanding and joy. And then there are the memories.
They say grief is the celebration of love


Rolling My Eyes
Queenie was the one who found my blog and I always figured if someone took the time to check out my page and actually comment on it, they deserve the same from me and I lucked out. Back then she wrote lists of things. One was 101 questions about the last time you did something. I answered them all. She also wrote short-short stories. Some are serialized, some are one shots. She doesn't write much about the life she lives, she prefers to write about the lives that are trapped within her trying to get out. She hasn't posted in a while. I hope she comes back soon because I'm sure the people trapped in her are getting restless.
Soul To Keep
Punks-Before The Beginning


Written World
There are a lot of good comic book blogs out there, but this is the first one I found and is one of my favorites. Ragnell is a feminist and wants women (and minorities) to be fairly represented. She doesn't want all the women to be damsels in distress and she doesn't want women to be portrayed as men with narrow waists and breasts. More represented than her feminism, though, is her love of comics. She's a fan first. She has a great love of Green Lanterns, and their butts. Power Girl is one of her favorite characters, even with the window. And the first thing she really wants out of her comics is a good story, she just knows that the stories would be better if the women were written more honestly.
Green Lantern Fun: Night of the Emerald Table
Wonder Woman Should Be Tall


Rude Cactus :: What normal would be if normal were something else.
I found this blog through a comment he left over at Heels's blog. He's a father. He's a rocker. He's an IT guy. He's really funny. Schadenfreude Friday. Monday Haiku's. His blog is fun and sometimes serious, but it's always a great read.
Cinematic Dorkdom
The Fifth Year


Heels
I've known this blogger for a long, long time and her writing doesn't really show all of her. I went through her entire blog looking for a post that really shows off the white hot rage of righteousness she sometimes works her way into, but I couldn't find any. (Those are moments, in regular life, that are both frightening and wondrous. It seems to me that when she writes in her rage, she deletes the post a hour or so later because she doesn't want to piss people she cares about off too much. Still, her passion in those moments astounds me.) It's hard to describe, but Heels's blog has an energy to it that she has in real life that I wish I had.
Our weekend was...interesting.
Star Wars Review

And that's the five that I choose.

One of the things that I learned while looking through the blogs I read daily/semi-daily is that I read a lot of blogs written by women. I wonder why that is?

7 comments:

heels said...

Gosh...



Thanks.

ticknart said...

Shouldn't I be the one thanking you?

Queenie said...

No, no.
We should be thanking you.

Thank you,
Q

choochoo said...

maybe you just like women? And who can blame you. We're incredible creatures *bats eyelashes*

lol

Alliya said...

Wow, this totally made my day.

Ragnell said...

Okay, I saw this much earlier and its been rude of me not to answer, but I totally had no idea what to say. Umm, thanks. :)

ticknart said...

Heels, Queenie, Alliya, and Ragnell,

I'd like to thank you (and that other person, who I know doesn't read my blog, but that's okay, lots of people don't) again for writing when you do/can. I'm always a bit happier when I see you've posted something new and if it's a really good post, it makes my day a quite a bit nicer. I mean I wrote this post because I think you're great, so go on being that way.

And Choochoo, I really do, even though you are inexplicably unexplainable, I can't help being attracted to all the women with sexy minds out there. It's a curse. *sigh* But it's a good curse.