Monday, January 28, 2008

First Album

Instructions:
1 - Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Random quotations: http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr's "explore the last seven days" http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Put it all together, that's your first album.



The picture came from here.

I actually found this meme on Friday over here, but I don't have any good software or fonts at work so I did it at my apartment over the weekend to get it right.

Edit: Heels did one on Friday, but she has good software at work.

11 comments:

geewits said...

That was fun! Unfortunately the name of my band is the title of an Evanesence song:
"Call Me When You're Sober"

My album title is:
Because They Are Ignored

The picture was a pretty Winter sunset. I saved it. Maybe I'll do this later. Your picture was better! Oh and I know that because I clicked the link. Here, I see nothing!

ticknart said...

Geewits -- That totally sounds like some sort of an Emo band. Even a sunset picture works!

I really like this meme.

I think I'm going to do some more.

geewits said...

I see yours now. Cool!

Anonymous said...

The name of my band is "Paimio" and my first album is "Work That You're Doing".
I really like my album cover, it's a tooth fairy door. :-)

ticknart said...

Geewits -- You should put yours together.

Mooooo -- You, too.

Anonymous said...

I put mine on my site this morning.

ticknart said...

The Mooooo -- I liked the second one the best.

Queenie said...

Band-"L'amore è un attimo" (English translation: "Love Is A Moment")
Album- spirit, but only temporarily.
Cover

Great. You can tell I am Canadian. The whole thing looks and sounds cheap.

Q

ticknart said...

Q -- You're right, it does look and sound cheap. Worse, it makes me think of some French-Canadian band that's ripping off Evanesence, poorly ripping off Evanesence.

Queenie said...

I guess you won't be buying tickets to the tour...

Q

ticknart said...

No, no I would not. I'd go if the tickets were comped, though.