Thursday, February 21, 2008

WonderCon 2008

WonderCon starts tomorrow. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. (Originally it was just going to be on Saturday with Wings, but then I saw that Bill Willingham and the inker for the book, Steve Leialoha, are going to be doing a Fables Forum on Sunday and since I'm not going to be at San Diego this year I knew I couldn't miss this one.)

I must admit that I wasn't very excited about going earlier this week. I planned to go, sure, but I just wasn't getting the butterflies in my stomach. Today, I did. I'm pretty damn excited. I'm going to go to a bunch of panels. I'm going to ask some questions and hopefully get some answers. I'm going to buy some books that I'd normally wait to buy when APE comes around, but this year APE is in November instead of late March/early April (I really miss when it was the first convention of the year for California), and I don't want to wait. I'm going to get some comics signed. I'm going to wonder why anyone would want the autograph of the guy who played the Boba Fett as a kid in Attack of the Clones, or an equally odd "star." I'll probably gawk at Noell Niel and Chase Masterson. And I may see Kristen Bell in person, but I probably won't her panel since it's not about Veronica Mars or Fanboys; sure, Veronica Mars will be brought up, but it's not the same without the possibility of Enrico Colantoni being there, too.

I'm excited. It's been a while since I've been excited.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're excited. It sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend. (for you anyway)

geewits said...

I'm happy you are excited about something. I love the endorphins you get when you are looking forward to something. Have fun!

ticknart said...

Mooo -- You have Bunko, right? That should be fun, you and all your perverted friends rolling dice and laughing.

Geewits -- These endorphins you speak of, they are good.

heels said...

Hey- Cole and I are going to be in SF this weekend, too! Are you stalking me?

Have fun! Say Hi to Wings for us.

ticknart said...

Hey, now! If anyone's stalking anyone it's you stalking me since I've been planning on going to SF this weekend since the dates were announced last September.

I will say hi, but I'm sure she'll see it here, too.

heels said...

Yeah, well... I've been planning since Spencer was BORN. HA!

Okay, not really. We're just going for his birthday.

And, wings: HI!

ticknart said...

If you'd been planning since he was "BORN" then wouldn't the plan have been to visit him where he was born and living at the time? Where was that? Cowtown? Portland?

And that's what I figured. Say, "Hey." to your sister and Spencer for me.