Friday, June 20, 2008

Anal Battlestar Galactica

Okay, so this is going to be packed full of spoilers for those who haven’t finished Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica and has some stuff from what’s been out in Season 4, so far, even though I haven’t seen any of the episodes.

That said, I started watching Season 2.0 again last night and there’s a scene in the episode where Chip 6 shows Baltar some of the massacre that took place on Kobol before the exodus. He protests that the gods and humanity lived side by side in harmony on Kobol. The Chip 6 tells him that everything that’s happened before will happen again.

And here I started thinking: 12 Cylon models, 12 Lords of Kobol. Could it be that the Lords of Kobol were Cylons? The Cylons can download their memories and share them with others. If one dies his or her replacement will be along shortly wearing the same face. How does that not appear to be a god to a human?

I’m sure I’m not the first one to notice this or even think too much about it, but since I didn’t want to actually work today, I used the Battlestar Wiki and Wikipedia to compare the 13 Colonies with their zodiac counterparts and the 11 Cylons that we know and the 10 named Lords of Kobol, along with the one who’s not named and is the Cylon God, on a neat little table. I also did one list that lines up the Cylon numbers with the traditional order of western zodiac to see how well that might line up.

Colonies Astrological Partners Symbol My Cylon Pick Cylon by Number Comparison God
Aerelon Aries Ram Saul Tigh
?
Brother Cavil
Ones
Zeus
Tauron Taurus Bull Brother Cavil
Ones
Leoben Conoy
Twos
Gemenon Gemini Twins Boomer/Athena
Eights
D'Anna
Threes
Aurora
Canceron Cancer Crab Galen Tyrol
? (12, according to actor blog.)
Simon
Fours
Apollo
Leonis Leo Lion Samuel Anders
?
Aaron Doral
Fives
Ares
Virgon Virgo Virgin Tory Foster
?
Natalie
Sixes
Artemis
Libris Libra Scales Aaron Doral
Fives
? Asclepius
Scorpia Scorpio Scorpion Natalie
Sixes
Boomer/Athena
Eights
Aphrodite
Sagittaron Sagittarius Archer ? ? Athena
Caprica Capricorn Sea-Goat Simon
Fours
? Poseidon
Aquaria Aquarius Water Carrier Leoben Conoy
Twos
? ?
Picon Pisces Two Fishes D'Anna
Threes
Galen Tyrol
12, according to actor blog.
Hera
Earth **Gaia or Terra** N/A N/A N/A Cylon God


And so, in the end, I have Athena, the Lord of Kobol who killed herself left without any Cylon to match up.

I also matched Athena up with Sagittaron/Sagittarius. According to my minimal research into the zodiac Sagittarians: "Keyword: "I perceive". Freedom loving, straightforward, extrovert, philosophical, intellectual, fun-loving, arrogant, adventurous, expansive, optimistic. Can be blundering, scattered, careless, jealous, too-serious, tactless."

Huh, sounds to me like Starbuck fits that description almost perfectly. Could she be the final Cylon?

Ron Moore said that final Cylon was not in the "Last Supper" photo, but that could be misinformation. If not, then who could it be?

If I’m right with the gods=Cylons thing, then it’s a woman. But who?
Could Ellen Tigh have been a Cylon? She fits the Sagittarius list as well as Starbuck did. Will she turn up on Earth upset, even though Tigh killed her? After all, didn’t the Three who saw the final five say that the last Cylon model wasn’t in the Colonial Fleet?

1 comment:

ticknart said...

If anyone wants me to post my crappy notes, just ask.