Thursday, June 26, 2008

Many Plays

I'm going to be in The Bay in July for work. Three days and two nights, so I wrote to Wings to see if there was anything good going on. She said it's too bad I couldn't be there in June because Hairspray was playing, but that A Chorus Line would be in town while I was there. That got me excited. It's a classic, right? I've never seen it before, but I hear it's a singular sensation.

It would have been the first play I've gone to since Wings and I saw Avenue Q last August.

It's not, though.

As I drove back from the supermarket over the weekend, past the junior college, I saw a huge poster advertising the plays that their summer rep company are performing. The one that really caught my eye was The Producers. Saw that in SF many years ago, but it's really funny and I'd like to see how this company handles it, so I thought it'd be fun to see again.

I also noticed that they're doing The Crucible, which is a play that I absolutely adore. Can't get enough of it. Saw on production where the stage was slanted so the back was higher than the front and it was lit from below by red lights. Very cool.

This morning I went to their website to check out times and days of shows and ended up ordering tickets for all five shows their doing. And they all happen in the next five weeks. Tonight is something called The Women, which I've never heard of before.

I'm going to see The Producers on Saturday. Next Thursday will be The Crucible. Then, the weekend before I head down to The Bay, I'll be watching Kiss Me Kate. Later that week I'll be enjoying A Chorus Line. And, finally, after all my "training" is done, a week and a half later, it'll Snoopy!!! The Musical.

At least I know there'll be some good things coming up in the next month, even if my next interview blows barnical balls.

2 comments:

geewits said...

I hope you enjoyed The Women! I've never seen the play but I loved the movie. The rest sound good, too. One night after a crazy party at my old dance studio, the lady who ran the place led us in an impromptu "A Chorus Line" dance and I loved it! I'm glad you will doing some fun stuff to shake you out of your blues. Good luck with all of it!

ticknart said...

It was good, very funny. The cast was excellent.

I do wish that someone had told the playwright that there should be at least some transition from funny to sobs, but that only happened a couple of time.