Monday, June 09, 2008

Wednesdays

My grandpa was sent to the hospital last Wednesday. He couldn't move and there were other things that were wrong with him.

There was talk about his kidneys and liver.

He was getting better, though. When my parents visited him he was awake and alert and wanting to get home.

Today I read an e-mail from my mom that said he has sepsis, which is infection in the blood stream.

Most old folks don't recover from that unless it's caught early.

Apparently, he still feels okay.

I've taken the day off tomorrow to take the four hour drive down to his hospital and visit for a bit. After, I'm going to visit my grandma to visit with her, too.

My brother was invited to ride with me, but I haven't heard from him, yet. I hope he comes. I don't think he's visited with them for a couple of years.

It's not that I'm worried about him dying. Yeah, I'll miss him and so will my grandma and the rest of my family, but that's our problem. I'm more worried about him being in pain before he dies. I don't want him to hang on by his fingernails when it's okay for him to go.

I'd rather he gets better, though.

On Wednesday this week, I have an interview in Cowtown. It's the first one I've done in nine months. I'm nervous about it.

6 comments:

heels said...

I'm sorry your family is going through that. Thank goodness so many live close.

Feel free to come hang out with us if you need a little break while in town.

All our best to your lovely family.

~D

Anonymous said...

My best wishes to your grandfather, I hope that he makes it and should it come down to that he does not, then that he does not experience any pain. Good Luck on your interview, I wish you well.

geewits said...

Yikes! Sepsis is serious business. I hope he recovers and is not in any pain. Have a good trip and best of luck on your interview!

Jazz said...

Best wishes to your Grandpa.

And good luck on the interview. Fingers crossed.

choochoo said...

I hope your grandfather gets better soon. It's amazing what people can recover from, even if they are old. Fingers crossed:)

ticknart said...

Thanks everyone.