Monday, November 17, 2008

Bones

In the new Star Trek trailer, NewBones has a line. He says, "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."

It bugs me.

It bugs me because the real Dr. McCoy would have made that kind of a comment about humanity or sentient species in general, not space. The real Bones just saw space as a place where all beings were just as stupid as they were on their home worlds.

I tell you, if they get NewBones to be as great a character as the real Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, the rest of the movie can be shit and I'll still enjoy it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say the same thing about Montgomery "Scotty" Scott regarding your 'if then' statement. Is he in the trailer?

ticknart said...

Aye, laddie. He's in the trailer and makes a comment about how much he enjoys bein' on the ship.

Anonymous said...

I wish that we would get a new "TNG" movie. Seems like that is the only viable option for a newer star trek movie as they did a pretty good job of wrapping up DS9 & Voyager.

geewits said...

I wasn't a giant fan of the original so I am not expecting anything except a good time. The only thing that would throw me for a loop is if they have Kirk being intellectual.

Jazz said...

Considering his line in the trailer, I can't help but think that he won't be a good as the old Bones.

ticknart said...

Matt -- I'd like a movie that mixes some DS9 and Voyager and TNG people. There are still plenty of themes related to those shows to be explored.

Geewits -- I'm expecting fun and excitement, I'd just like my favorite character to act consistent with his development through 76 (I am quite a nerd, but I had to look that number up. Thank you, IMDB.) episodes and six movies. It would make me extra-special happy.

Jazz -- Yeah, but I hope he surprises me.

Anonymous said...

Was that Scotty saying 'I like this ship; it's exciting!' ...Seems Scott-like enough... I sgree with you Bones statement even more now. Jesus, I hope they're not in charge of that ship. I will pay to see this.