Monday, April 18, 2011

One down, several to go.

Went and saw Your Highness this weekend.

It was an awful movie, but it kept me laughing, which was the whole point.

Basically the movie was Pineapple Express or Knocked Up or I Love You Man set in a Dungeons and Dragons type fantasy world.

(In fact, you can sort of look at it as a D&D game. One of the characters is a guy who takes great joy in playing the game. One is there just to hang out and bullshit with his friends. One is a newbie with a crappy pre-gen character. And one is a munchkin. (For more information read this.)

All this is an interest way to look at the movie, but I'm not going to do it.)

The movie's full of juvenile humor, but I knew what I was going in for and it makes me laugh. Occasionally the movie veered into the homophobe zone, but that's a staple of this genre and still funny, to me.

The effect, for the most part, were great. The villain was creepy and fun. The girls were gorgeous. And it made me laugh. It meet ever expectation I had.

I look forward to watching it on basic cable in the future and seeing how TV will cut around a lot of the jokes.

No comments: