Sunday, October 31, 2004

Auf Wiedersehen October

So, I got a call this evening, somewhere after six, and it was an offer to take my shift tomorrow. I did the math in my head: leaving at that moment, I’d get to The Bay by eight; being very, VERY generous, I'’d find my brother’s place by nine; I bet the party would peter out by midnight. I’'d sleep, wake-up, and fight evil daylight traffic for a whole three hours of visiting, if I was lucky. Sorry bro, but that just isn't worth it. I guess I can aim for a few days off in January to spend a few days in The Bay, if one of the brothers has a parking space I can borrow for that time, do you?

--onward--

After work today, I stopped by the store to get some candy, just In case the kiddies decided to stop by. Only one did. He wore some sort of army thing. Maybe he was G.I. Joe, or something. I gave him four peanut butter cups. The rest are on the coffee table. If the Roommate doesn'’t eat them before I get back from work (or school, depending), they’re going in the freezer because I think chocolate is better frozen and peanut butter is good any time.

--onward--

Also, after work, I spent money that I had no good reason to spend, but I figured, since I wasn't going to The Bay, I should do something that I want. I bought the first season of Popular. I doubt many of you know this show, but I liked it. I watched a few of my favorites tonight. For me, I spent my money well. I hope to laugh some more, tomorrow.

--onward--

The festival is long over. The Day of the Dead is nigh. Egg nog starts being served tomorrow. Truly, the “holiday” season come earlier each year.

So long, October.

No comments: