Monday, October 25, 2004

Work Stuff

So, GWKMA was fired from 'Bucks on Saturday. I'm going to miss her. She was fun, even if she kicked me each time we worked together. She was also a good and hard worker.

"Why was she fired?" someone vaguely interested may ask.

She was fired because she was chronically late, on the days she didn't open. Not real late, usually between three and ten minutes. Enough time for every one to notice she was missing, but not enough time to have to try and call her and wake her up.

Well, The Manager and Assistant Manager #1 made this decision. (Assistant Manager #2 is in Europe, or just now flying back, and they even held a supervisor meeting without her. Were the things that they needed to talk about and make decisions about so important that they couldn't have waited until Tuesday? It seems strange to me that and Assistant Manager would be left out. Maybe I'm wrong.) Now we at the store are stuck with this decision.

If I had been out to fire someone, it would be the new guy who doesn't seem to want to work. Sure, he's a nice enough guy, but he's always late and he tries to trade away all his days. On Thursday, he called me to take his Saturday and, maybe trade Sunday with him. Sunday, I found out that he traded his Friday with someone, then showed up, at the beginning of what would have been his shift, to get his paycheck. Hell, his third day there, he was supposed to open with me and #2, but didn't show up. At five, we got a call and it was him, calling in sick. And he seems to take my lack of talking when we work together in a strange way and keeps asking me if I'm alright. I tell him the truth and say, "No, I'm at work. I'm not paid to be 'alright.'"

Sure, he's a decent fellow, but not someone I want there in a rush. Oh well.

No comments: