Thursday, May 04, 2006

Has Anyone, Besides My Mother and Brother, Enjoyed the GROW Games?

I've been trying to write something here for the last hour. I don't just want to post a link to some other page (I know that I have done that before, but it's usually to something that I really like. See the GROW stuff.) or the text of a song copy and pasted because I don't think I can express how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking in my own words. I want to cover new ground or at least ground that's interesting to the few people I know who read this silly little site on a semi-regular basis. I try to do that every time I write.

Today I can't.

I don't know why.

Little thoughts flitted through my head that I thought would make a good post. I tried. I wrote a sentence and then nothing for most of them. One time, I wrote a whole five sentences, but I couldn't go on after that. So I hit backspace and decided to start over again each time.

I don't know how many times I restarted. Six? Seven? I can't be sure.

What did I even want to write about? I don't know anymore.

I have a horrible idea of how to get enough troops into the armed forces that Iraq may actually become secure and Osama bin'Ladan may be caught, without resorting to a draft, but the idea has probably been floated out there and was deemed to frightening.

I have an idea of how to slow the deterioration of Social Security without raising taxes (for now) or privatizing it, but it's an idea that's been out there for a while and it's an idea that the people in government will never use.

I have an idea to help improve California's school system without raising taxes (since raising taxes in this state is nearly impossible), but most of the people in power would never go for it because their scared of losing their jobs.

I don't think any of my ideas are new. I know that one of them was talked about on the news a couple of years ago as a theory, but that was all. I also know that, in the real world, what I think and any ideas I may have really don't matter.

No comments: