Monday, May 15, 2006

Sentences

Something light and airy is what's called for, right?

I don't have that in me.

Right now, I don't have much in me.

Except for the average human insides, that is.

We all share those, I think.

As usual, I should be looking for something to do that involves work, but I'd rather play Flow.

It's not that I think I'm wasting the State's time and money by playing games rather than working; it's that I'm wasting my time.

I'd rather waste my time away from work.

At least then, I'd waste my time reading something, watching something, sleeping, or walking.

Instead, I waste my time trying to look like I'm busy doing work so my supervisor doesn't "find" me something to do.

Several someones told me that I should write a story or a novel during my "down" time.

I don't have that in me right now.

Not here.

Not at my apartment.

The ability to create a world or words for an extended length of time just isn't in me.

When I was young(er) I thought that I did.

Maybe it's all about growing up.

Maybe it's all about confidence.

Maybe it's all about knowing your bliss.

Maybe it's about nothing at all.

3 comments:

~AprilD said...

this was interesting. It made me laugh. It's in you to write a book. You just have to find that place. That spot in your brain clouded by the everyday. Try looking under the toaster beside the memory of your 8th birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hay, that was cool. It also made me laugh. It was like a story in the form of a poem. I think I have the ability to create a world or words for an extended length of time. I write short stories and poems in my spare time. You should try to write things that come from the heart. When you do that, your a writer.

ticknart said...

Thanks, Anonymous.