Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Summer Movies

I'll admit to looking forward quite a bit to Superman later this summer. (Enough to seriously consider the midnight showing.)

And even though the early reviewers of X-Men seem to think it's offensive garbage, I'll be seeing that this weekend.

The movie I'm really excited about, though, is A Prairie Home Companion. (Check out its trailer here.) It has an amazing cast and Robert Altman (with some help, so the rumors say, from Paul Thomas Anderson) it'll either be deliriously good or the best disaster of the summer.

I can't wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was Xmen?

ticknart said...

It was okay. Not horrible, but not really that good. Lots of lost opportunities.

Kelsey Grammer as Beast was awsome, though.

I plan on ruining this movie for everyone on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Works for me. I'm so torn whether or not to spend the nine bucks (Stesha's already refused) or just save the wad and blow it on an Imax Superman experience... A movie I look forward to disapointing me as well.

So, I guess I need the advice only you can give: I want the Superman Imax experience. But should I spend the nine bucks on Xmen anyway?

ticknart said...

Unless you find someone to go with who's really excited about the new X-Men movie, I'd recommend holding on to your money and seeing Superman on IMAX.

What day are you gonna see it on IMAX? I'd like to come with you.