Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Year 2

It began at 8:00 AM this morning.

Last night, I watched Ghost World, again. I've decided that when I'm in a certain mood I shouldn't watch the end of that movie. It makes me wistful. That means I won't be watching it again until some time after Easter.

I've spent much of this day looking at the state's website looking for a new job. There's nothing local and I still don't have enough money to move, but it's nice to dream, right? I discovered that I can search based on the department and I've spent a lot of that time looking through the Department of Consumer Affairs listing. I think that could be a really interesting department to work for. Even if it isn't, I'd get a better picture of how corrupt the state is.

Well, here's to another potential year working here and continuing to bitch about it.

Goals for my next year worth of work:
  1. Not to buy a gun. I'll only hurt people.
  2. Lie to my mom about making friends, wherever I end up.
  3. Stop correcting the older people in the office by telling them that it was Kenny Rogers, not Roy Orbirson, who sang "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" and other such trivia about music, movies, TV shows, and books that were made before I was born.
  4. Thank Bunny Christ, if he deems my humble tortilla for a visit, for the pay raise and "bonus" that will come with my pay check in October.
  5. Other things that I haven't thought of, yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It isn't Mom you have to lie to about friends, it's Dad.

ticknart said...

No, it's Mom. She's the one who always asks me about it. Dad doesn't.

Anonymous said...

I guess that's because Dad keeps asking Mom and won't stop until she's asked you.

Sorry about that.

ticknart said...

That means you can lie to him for me. Thanks.