Tuesday, September 26, 2006

So, TV

Well, tonight begins the (probable) last season of Gilmore Girls and I won't be there to see it.

*sigh*

(I do have TV, this time, but it uses bunny ears and only gets three channels, one of which is the Spanish station. I was going to try for that Comcast deal where it's like $30 a month for cable, internet, and phone service for 12 months, but they don't offer the phone service here, yet, and that means no deal for me.)

I'm really curious about this new season because it's the first where the show isn't run by its creator and her husband. And, although I'm in the minority, thought last season was consistent with its characters (see this stuff here) and was pretty good over all.

The buzz on the show is mixed, some hate it some think it’s just what it has always been. I'm hoping for the latter, but probably won't know for myself until this season is on DVD, but that won't be for another 10-12 months.

Oh, well.

Instead of dwelling on it, I'm going to go and see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest for only $4.50 and after the movie I'll dwell on missing a favorite TV show.

Next Week: I can't believe I'm missing the season premiere of Veronica Mars. Why can't I just be like a normal American and luxuriate in growing debt instead of wanting to get read of it?

2 comments:

choochoo said...

at some point in the last year, I lost sight of all the tv shows I used to watch. I don't know why and I'm not sure what I've been doing instead... It's all very strange

ticknart said...

Well, according to your blog, you've been fighting with old people, fighting your lawn mower, putting off house work, listening to music, riding the bus with your invisible friend, walking your dog, watching an 80s Carpenter movie (I'm assuming you mean John Carpenter), and going to school. Seems like quite a bit to me.

Me, I go to work and watch TV, with some reading time thrown in before bed at at toilet time.