Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Have No Candy

Last year, I had candy. I bought it at the beginning of the month and nibbled. After two weeks, the candy was gone. I went back to the store and bought more candy, some to nibble on and some to hand out. My plan didn't work, though, I nibbled and gorged on the candy and had to return to the store on Halloween, bought more candy and poured it into a big bowl when I got back, just in case.

There was no case last year. There was not one ding-dong from the door bell. There were no rap-rap-rapping or tap-tap-tapping on my door.

The next day, I was left with much candy, which I devoured with gusto. At the time, I greatly enjoyed it. How often does one get to see how many Reese's Peanut Butter Cups one can fit in ones mouth and still chew? (I started gagging at eight and got twelve in there before the drool got too bad. The secret is to have them all unwrapped before you start and use your cheeks, it's amazing what can be fitted in there.)

Even though candy went on sale late in August, I've been a good boy (especially for being a fat boy who likes his peanut butter wrapped in chocolate) and I have not bought any candy. My mother offered to buy me some when I was in Cowtown this weekend and I declined because, well, it may not have made it back here. Some may have, but it's very questionable if there would be any candy today. I'm guessing very little, if any at all.

Well, all of that was a pointless way of sharing that I'm driving up to the grocery store for some candy, just in case, and probably a pizza, because why make dinner when you're already going to the store and pizza is on the way?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to talk about this Halloween.

Anonymous said...

And did anyone come a knock-knock-knockin'?

ticknart said...

Actually, they ding-donged the bell. Three guys at eight-thirty. I used up one bag of candy on them. I guess the rest is for me while I try and write my novel.

Queenie said...

Novel. Novel. Ack.
I am almost entirely without a plan.
I am seriously going to suck.
And I am eating my kid's candy because I have manage to raise rather unselfish children.

Q

ticknart said...

Q, I have very little more than what I wrote about last week, but I'll be plunging in tonight.

Must be hard with kids, though.

Enjoy the candy!

choochoo said...

I completely forgot about halloween this year, so I didn't have any candy in the house. Luckily, I live right near the highwway, so the kids usually stay away. Their folks don't want them splattered all over the street, I guess.

And I want to write my novel, too. But life keeps getting in the way, I get swamped with everything else I need to do and then it just dies on me, if you know what I mean.

ticknart said...

Choochoo, I'll nod and pretend that I understand if you want, but the truth is, I don't. Life doesn't get in my way (since I don't have much of one), being lazy and scared gets in my way.

I'd rather have life get in the way.

Anonymous said...

I'm behind both of you! Both in spirit and in the fact that I've not even begun planning my novel which I intend to start after I hit 'publish your comment' as it is November. And the race is on.

ticknart said...

Well, brother, once you start, you've done more than I have. Except I finally figured out the first part of the title.