Friday, October 06, 2006

Lies?

I want to be six to eight inches taller. The fat on my body converted to muscle. I'll go to the gym everyday, but only to spend an hour or so to keep myself toned. I want to look good, but not like I'm trying to look good. I should look effortlessly good. My jaw is better defined, more square, and my eyes are perfect so I won't ever need glasses. I want to be taller than nearly everyone out there so they all have to look up at me when we're standing around talking. I want to look good in and out of anything.

I want to spend ten minutes every morning carefully mussing my hair with a variety of products. It should look similar to the carefully mussed hair of guys appearing on TV and in magazines. When it gets longer, I'll use product to place the bangs in such a way that they constantly look like their going to fall in my eyes, but I can be confident that nothing will fall in my eyes.

I want to go to work wearing a suit. Some days I use a belt, some suspenders. Each tie matches only one shirt and they are all full of power. I have a different jacket for each day of the week and an overcoat that stays in my office, just in case.

I want to believe that every idea my boss has is a good one. I just go to work knowing that I'm doing what's needed, what's right. I know that my boss has my best interests in mind. I want to never have a thought against anything my boss says or does. I defend all the choices my boss makes and am quick to agree with my boss' boss because I know that in time that person will one day be my boss.

I want to work at a place that says it's out to help the world so I feel good about working there. Any bad press can be easily ignored because I believe what I'm told. I want the place that I work to reward me, in some small way, for believing everything I'm told.

I want to go out every night with people I barely know, but I call friends. Each night I'll go to a different "hot spot," but only hit the major party clubs on weekends. I can drink more than anyone there and not get drunk. I dance much better than I'm expected to and know all the current moves. I have the ability to charm any woman I see into going home with me, but since I'm a courteous fellow, I only do that on Friday and Saturday nights because I don't want to disturb anyone's ability to do the best they can for their employer.

9 comments:

ticknart said...

I'll be back on Tuesday because of Columbus Day.

choochoo said...

I second this. Only with a more feminine twist, obviously. I'm not big on wearing suits and stuff, and I gave up being tall while I was still just a kid. At least, being short, it's easier to kick people in the nuts (or whatever equipment they were born with) when they irritate you. Well, I don't actually do that, but it's a nice thought:)

Alliya said...

Tall people are lame, much like people that work for good causes.

Unknown said...

Oh, so you want a perfect world...so do I, except mine includes some margaritas and a big fat retirement check, and maybe a beach house in Cabo San Lucas.

ticknart said...

Everyone, it's not so much about being tall or wanting a perfect world, it's about being someone who isn't me, who isn't like me, for a while. The person I described in the post makes me sick in so many ways, but still...

Alliya said...

I get that part as I rather appreciate being able to reach things in my kitchen without assistance thankyouverymuch. "Being me," meh, the moment we interact with anyone else we stop being ourselves for awhile.

ticknart said...

Alliya, we may act different whether we're alone or interacting with people, but the essential you is always there and bits always shine through.

Imagine, though, if for a day you were just under five feet, weighing 200 lbs, and believing that George Bush and Jesus were out to save America and the world. That's when you're truly not who you are.

I want a day like that.

Anonymous said...

It's a lot of things to want; I'm glad to see so many things aren't there.

ticknart said...

'Non, to the best of my knowledge, none of them are there.